How can I increase my fuel mileage?
We are all feeling it when we are filling up our vehicles with fuel. We have a few tips to help you get the best fuel mileage from your vehicle.
- Make sure your tires have the proper amount of air. If they are low on air, then it will cause extra drag. Extra drag means lower fuel economy.
- Air filter – if your air filter is dirty, it will cause your engine to work harder and that will use more fuel.
- Fuel filter – some vehicles have fuel filters that are external. If you have not had it changed recently or you cannot remember the last time it was changed then now is a good time to do that.
- Engine oil – your engine oil is a vital component of your car. If your engine oil is old, then it becomes thin with leftover fuel from the combustion process. This may have an effect on your valve train and cause your engine to use more fuel.
- Spark plugs – manufacturers have designed spark plugs to last anywhere from 30,000 miles to 100,000 miles. Over the course of time, they wear out and if you are reaching that point then they may not be working as well as they did when they were new. It depends on your make, model, and engine to when they need to be replaced.
We understand how the price at the pump is affecting all of us in our lives. We hope that our tips will help you save money. Give us a call and let us take care of you.
Our specials can be found here - Specials - J & H Automotive, Inc
Ready to make an appointment … Appointments - J & H Automotive, Inc
Want to know more … About Us - J & H Automotive, Inc
Would you like to join our merry band of misfits? Careers - J & H Automotive, Inc
Want to know more…
Instagram photos and videos