Who loves a good road trip? I know I do. When you are traveling you want your vehicle operating at its full potential. Here are a few things to keep your vehicle running properly.
- Changing the fuel filter will help your fuel mileage. When your fuel filter is clogged it does not allow fuel to flow properly. This will cause your engine to produce less power.
- Your charge air cooler boots should be checked for a boost leak. If you have a boost leak this will cause your turbocharger to struggle. This will make your engine consume more fuel and not run properly.
- Cooling system fluid service – poor quality coolant can cause damage to your engine’s internal components from corrosion or cavitation.
- Checking your engine air filter – if your engine air filter is dirty or clogged it restricts airflow. That restriction is hard on your engine and turbocharger. A diesel loves a clean air filter.
- Rear differential fluid service – especially when towing your rear differential is working harder with the extra weight. That causes extra strain and that will produce heat. When your gear oil is overheated it will not lubricate properly and this can damage components. Fresh clean fluid will help absorb that heat and protect your gears.
- Check for exhaust leaks – an exhaust leak will cause reduced efficiency and poor turbocharger performance.
Give us a call and let us take care of you.
Our specials can be found here - Specials - J & H Automotive, Inc
Ready to make an appointment … Appointments - J & H Automotive, Inc
Want to know more … About Us - J & H Automotive, Inc
Would you like to join our merry band of misfits? Careers - J & H Automotive, Inc
Want to know more…
Instagram photos and videos
J & H Automotive, Inc: LinkedIn