It's that time of year that a road trip sounds about right. This year things are a bit different that is for sure, but that doesn't mean that you can't still make a road trip and some family time happen it might just have to look a bit different and you'll need to do some extra planning.
1. Pack extra snacks - you don't want to have to make extra stops so just pack a bag full of snacks to have on hand. I always ask the boys what the favorite of the day is then get them that. I seem to come up with less issues that way.
2. Pack a cooler - the same as the snacks, go through and ask what they want to drink - it will make your life easier - now if they only pick something that is full of sugar then you decide what's best.
3. Blankets - I love a good travel blanket, it just makes it more comfortable. Maybe even a pillow if it's even a long enough drive
4. Car charger - make sure everyone has one - my boys fight when the battery starts to die and they all need it at the same time.
5. Game plan - I like to just leave the house and then we pick a direction, but with how life is right now it might be better to have a game plan of where you want to go.
6. Sunglasses - the sun is bright make sure you have your favorite pair.
7. Pack for anything - it's a good idea to grab a bag and just throw some random stuff it in. Maybe a swimsuit, towel, sunblock and a jacket. Even a change of clothes. You never know where you will end up.
8. Remember to have fun.
9. Pre-trip inspection - before you head out if it's been awhile since your last service then it might be time to have your car checked and make sure it's road trip ready.
Give us a call and let us take care of you. 541-791-2886