This year travel looks a bit different than it has in the past. Instead of being carefree it's a bit more cautious. We know what is happening in the world is strange and scary, we've also changed many of our plans for the summer. Here are a few tips to get you back on the road and enjoying yourself despite COVID.
1. Plan ahead - I know over planning can ruin a perfectly good road trip, but in this case it's a good thing. Plan your stops ahead of time.
2. Pack snacks - no brainer right, well my kids favorite thing to do is to grab a snack when we stop for fuel. Instead I pack snacks ahead of time and this prevents them from being exposed to other people
3. Pack a cooler - this goes along with #2, planning ahead and packing a cooler prevents you from getting out of the car more than necessary.
4. Go on a weekday - this very well could be a no go, it is for us, but if you can get away on a week day then it's the best time to go, less people means less exposure.
5. Pack that sunscreen - the sun is brutal and you need to make sure you protect yourself from it. I am a sun lover just as much as the next person, but I burn easy and I always have a bottle close.
6. Vehicle check up - before you hit the road it's a good idea to have your vehicle checked out and to make sure you're good to go.
7. Adventure - life is full of adventures, take one. Just because we all need to be cautious doesn't mean we can't still have adventures, it just means we need to take a few precautions along the way.
Give us a call and let us get you ready for all your summer travel.